Week ending September 26, 2021

This week started off full of good intentions and ideas and finished with little to show.  I took my block I made testing the North Winds Quilt and put it on a tee and love it!



I cut out binding strips for my moms quilt, my deltille quilt, and a few others that I need to finish. 



The Moon Festival was during the past full moon and a friend came by to bring me moo cakes to celebrate. They are so pretty and they were delicious. I ate one before this photo was taken. 


I ate 3 and each was different. Some had an egg yolk inside to symbolize the full moon.  I had to snap a picture as I ate it. 



The patchwork pumpkins have been fun to make and I worked on a few more. 


I snapped a pic of my sewing room for the Entropy Quilt sew along and forgot to post it~ so you all get to see my space as I work. 


If you spied them in the photo above, here’s a better look at the pumpkins I made this past week. 


Have I mentioned that i will do anything to keep from sewing by hand? I made these pumpkins with a zipper to keep from needing to sew them shut after stuffing them.  The zipper is on the bottom so no one will ever know, unless they read this blog. I still need to stuff these babies. 


I then thought I’d work on a quilt coat. I decided to use quilt blocks made by a dear friends mother in law. She gave me a huge tub of quilt blocks and fabric strips. There were so many log cabin blocks and I thought they would make a super cute coat. 



I was debating what arrangement to do and also had these blocks that coordinate. I might use them for the shawl collar and maybe cuffs. Not sure yet. 



Here’s the tub full of wonderful surprises. Some of the blocks are a bit wonky and I’m thinking I might sew more onto them and then square them up before I sew them together to make the quilt coat. 



I got very little sewing done this weekend because our refrigerator went out! I spent Saturday getting my broken phone replaced, then going to get a mini fridge. The mini fridge currently resides in my sewing room. I had to put my design wall up and my quilt coat blocks in the process. 



The little bit of sewing I did was on my mask scrap quilt.  I’ve been putting it off too long. I was going to plan it out and decided that since it’s scrappy, there was no point in over thinking it.  I’m making a half square triangle quilt and really I’ve never seen a scrappy one not look great. 



I am really hoping to make a lot of progress on my projects this week and hope this weekend will be more relaxing. 










No comments:

Post a Comment