Week Ending October 10, 2021

I had a lot of work stuff to try to get done this past week because I'm off this week (except for Tuesday). 

I finally sat at my machine and sewed my binding and ironed it in half for three quilts. 


I mailed off my two log cabin in squares to Ruthlessly Handmade for a Charity Quilt. I'll make a post about it soon. 


I got a few patterns in the mail from Plains and Pine.  I keep seeing the Big Sky Star in my feed on Instagram and am itching to make one. Is ordered matching stickers to put on my pattern cabinet. 


Speaking of stickers - I finally took the ones I received from Ruthlessly Handmade and put them on my pattern cabinet. 


The Needle Down Chin Up Retrogradient Quilt Pattern released. See my blog post for all the details. 


I finally have all my half square triangles sewn and ironed for my 2020 Quilt. I'll be working on it soon and think I know how I want to arrange the pieces. 


Sew Liberated released the Nest Sweatshirt which features a quilt block on the front. I had to immediately buy it and get started on one. 


My Deltille Quilt came back from the longarmer and looks amazing. Now to bind it. 


But first I had to finish my Nest Sweatshirt. I still want to hand sew around the block pieces.  


I snapped a photo of my settings for sewing the binding on my quilt. I don't bind my quilts like a normal quilter. I do them more like an apparel sewist. I sew them to the back first and wrap them around to the front. Then stitch then down, usually with a decorative stitch. 

In progress binding photo.  I did get it completed on Sunday. 

While I'm off, I have a few things planned around the house. I'm finally getting a new refrigerator. I plan to do some deep cleaning and organizing. But I'm also planning to get some sewing done. I want to make my husband and myself a few pairs of joggers. I need to bind my mom's quilt. And a friend dropped off t-shirts this past week for me to make a t-shirt Quilt for one of her kids. She forgot one shirt and is mailing it to me. I'll probably get started measuring and playing with the layout soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment