Week ending October 24, 2021 in my Sewing Room

I didn't do much this week.  I was so busy with work and didn't have much free time when I got off. 

On Monday I got mail from Minerva. They sent me fabric and a pattern to sew up.  I'm making view A of this new look pattern. The fabric is a cotton voile. 


I started a quilt pattern test for Frannie B Quilt Co. It took me forever to decide on fabric and this is what I settled on.  I decided to use some vintage ditsy floral prints and my scrappy background is 5 or 6 low volume light colored prints. 

I had a tumble Wednesday on my lunchtime walk and really bruised up my right hand. It hurt and was swollen,  so I took two days off from sewing to let it heal. 

I got out my Sew Easy ruler/cutter since my hand was tender and couldn't handle using the rotary cutter. I bought this at a garage sale about 5 years ago and this was my first time using it. I love it! I'll definitely be using all the time now. 

Friday evening I got my star block made for the Stargazing Quilt Pattern that I'm testing for Frannie B Quilt Co. I signed up for the block test, but I'm hoping to make the throw size quilt. 

Saturday I went through a few bins in the garage. We are planning on moving some shelves around and switching everything to smaller storage containers.  Before we do, we are going through everything to see what needs to go, and what we need to keep. I was excited to get to the storage bin with my grandmother's quilts. This is the quilt she made and gave to me for my graduation and wedding. 

Here's the note she wrote on the back. She left her signature and date on all her quilts and often left a little note about the quilt. 

I also have this Indian girl quilt that she made. I'm not sure why or how I ended up with this quilt. 

I also have this patriotic quilt top she made and hemmed to use as a table cloth. She gave it to me when she came to my house one year for a fourth of July cookout. We have used it a few times. I am thinking of turning it into a quilt. Or I might back it with something so the fabric doesn't continue to fray with use. 

I took my Deltille Quilt (Pattern by Running Stitch Quilts out for a photoshoot now that it's completely finished! Here she is in all her glory. I have a short blog post about it and the backing on Minerva.com 




I ended the weekend getting ally pieces cut out for my Stargazing Quilt.  

This week I'm hoping to do some work on a t-shirt quilt and on my Stargazing Quilt. I have plans for the Halloween weekend that will keep me busy and not much time for sewing. I'm already counting down the days to the next Holiday - Veteran's Day - and having some time off then. 

1 comment:

  1. ouch!! looks like something I would do. Lovely quilts and memories.

    ReplyDelete