Week Ending October 17, 2021

I was off from work 4 days this week. My washing machine broke on Sunday, and it required me to change my plans a bit. Thankfully, I was able to get a few projects done that were long over due.

Since Fall is here and I've lost weight, I really needed some new joggers to wear. These are what I wear daily in the cooler weather with a t-shirt as I work from home and continue my daily lunch time walks. All summer I wore a lightweight pair of Fortuna joggers from the Sew Beautiful book by Kennis Wong and decided to make more of them. I git everything cut out, then cut out joggers and shorts for my husband. 


I was gifted a large amount if fabric by a sewist in my local DFW Sewing Facebook group. I went through and took items I wanted and invited some friends over to look. I saved these vintage linens for a friend  I thought they were really cool.   


The North Winds Quilt pattern by Frannie B Quilt Co. Released. I was a tester for a block and turned my test blocks into t-shirts . I have a separate blog post for this quilt pattern. 


I finally finished the quilt fir my mom.  All it needed was the binding. 


I used a leaf design to sew the binding on. 


I bought fabric! Super Textiles on Etsy posted on Instagram a post with photos of vintage fabric they had for sale and I HAD to have this Pac-man fabric for my child. 

I looked in a bin for something and got distracted by a ziploc bag holding the pieces and pattern for the Sew Liberated Mariposa Tee that I cut out eons ago. I had to finish it THEN. 


 I finished it! This was definitely a challenging pattern and the pieces were very finicky- especially that front bottom center piece. I'll admit the top stitching on it isn't really holding anything in place. I ended up using no Sew heat and bond to hold it together. But, now that I've made it, I know how to perfect the next one. 

I finished a black pair of joggers and shorts for my husband and didn't get a photo. I also made my husband a stonewashed denim French terry pair. I used the Greenstyle Iron Joggers with an 11" inseam. I used the same French terry to make my Fortuna joggers. I used a coordinating chambray for the pocket pieces. 

I also made my husband a grey French terry pair of shorts. 

I also made myself an indigo denim French terry pair of Fortuna joggers. These also have a coordinating chambray pocket detail. 

I then finished the Lakeview Quilt (pattern is free from the Brown Eyed Quilter).  Once I orderedthe Pac-Man fabric, I knew I needed to finish this. I think the Pac-Man fabric will look good with this and think I'll make a throw sized quilt with a minky back to go with it. 
I even finished the pillows! 

They all close with a zipper.

Here's a really bad phone photo of it all on the day bed in my son's game room. I've tried repeatedly to convince him to get rid of this bed, but he insists on keeping it.  At least it looks nice now. 

I then finished my week by making more reusable toilet tissues. Nothing fancy, but I was needing a few more.

I'm back to a regular work week tomorrow and will have a working washing machine Monday night. I plan to start a new quilt pattern test for Frannie B Quilt Co and get started on a t-shirt quilt for a friend. 




No comments:

Post a Comment