Catch Up -June 12, 2022

A lot happened since my last weekly recap. Can't believe that was basically a month ago! I went on vacation and did some English Paper Piecing (EPP)  I sat next to a guy and he was really nice. I spent most of my time listening to an audiobook and working on my EPP.  I paused at one point to take a drink and
He leans over to talk and I take off my headphones. He asked me if I quilt. I said I do. He proceeded to tell me that's what he guessed from all the little pieces of fabric and that his girlfriend makes quilts. That she makes a lot of quilts. He said she made him a puffy quilt and it's his favorite thing. He keeps it on his sofa and said it's so snuggly. I started to sew a few pieces together and he asked if he could take a photo to send to his girlfriend. I said sure. He then shows me her reply - "We're everywhere" with some hearts and stars. He smiled so big when he showed me. You never know who you might be next to on a flight. I got lucky this time. I posted on Facebook about my encounter and found his girlfriend! It was so funny and nice to complete the circle of the story. 

My EPP pieces. 

We were on an Alaskan Cruise and made a stop in Skagway. There was this cute little quilt shop and I bought some stuff! 


I bought this quilt kit and some fabric.  They had the coolest selection of fabric thst was custom made for their shop - all of it Alaska themed in nature. 


I sat on the balcony and worked on my Lucy Boston Block as we cruised the Tracy Arm Fjord. 

I finished it and started another Lucy Boston Block- shown here near Ketchikan.  We had very nice weather and was able to relax on the balcony a lot watching for whales as we sailed. 

I came home to packages of fabric, a text from the longarmer that my quikt was done, and sick. Here is the lovely fabric I received to sew up for the Blossom and Grow Blog Hop happing soon. 

Here's the backnof my quilt that my husband went and picked up for me from the longarmer. I love this panto! 


Before my vacation a friend had given me a large amount of buttons. While sick I went through them and put them into these vintage chemical jars for decoration. 


I worked on my Blog Hop project. 


Here's a sneak peek of my blocks with Nia. 


I received my ambassador package from Jaftex. I received the Dark Forest Collection by Mellisa Wang for Studio e Fabrics. I love this collection so much! 


Once I was feeling better, I did the binding on my quilt that the longarmer quilted. I stripped my bed, but on clean sheets and threw on my new quilt. I used the column block pattern from Heather Ann Dye Art. I'll post a blog about it soon.  


Then I received fabrics from Minerva for my next ambassador project for them. I have an idea of what im going to make, but waiting to finish a few other projects first before i get started. 


I am working on the Cultivating Quilt Pattern by Lifting Limits Quilting with the Dark Forest Collection. I'm using the leftover backing from my King sized quilt above for the background.  



I also started a quilt pattern test for Kelly Renay and will share sneak peeks soon. I started on it and failed to snap any photos. 



No comments:

Post a Comment