week ending June 20, 2022


I really did intend to publish this post on Sunday, but I was busy. I have been frantically working on a pattern test for Kelly Renay and finishing up my Cultivating Quilt  Progress shot below of my Flitter Flutter Quilt. 


Tge Cultivating Quilt Pattern by Lifting Limits Quilting is a skill builder Quilt.  It is sewn together in columns. 


This quikt introduced me to the half rectangle squares. I sort of hate them, but also live them. They are not easy and it took me way too long to master how to trim these darn things. I finally found that adding washi tape to my ruler to show where my ruler needed to be really helped.  If you were to look closely at mine, you will see that my points are a complete mess on one column and pretty darn good on the other. I do think this Block looks pretty cool.  Sneak peek of my completed top.


When I was sick, I might have spent too much time browsing destashes and fabric sales i got these fabrics in this week from Summer Song Cottage Destash on Instagram. The batik on the bottom right is so stunning in person. 


Here's a sneak peek of my Flitter Flutter Quilt. 


I then made an Emblem Pillow -pattern is free from Free Spirit Fabrics and Sew it Yourself.  Finished photo to come soon. 


I finished out my Sunday with a rare trip to Jo-Anns. I signed up to test a quilt pattern for Running Stitch Quilts and it was the perfect opportunity to sew up a bundle of 6 half yards of batiks that I purchased in Alaska on my cruise. My husband had picked out the bundle when we were in Rushin tailor and asked me if I'd make his mom a throw with them.  I agreed and even though the bundle came with a pattern, I wasn't crazy about it.  I showed him the pattern I was testing and he agreed his mom would love it. I needed 4 more half yards - which I pulled from my stash, but I needed a background and a backing. We went to Jo-anns and decided on this background. I initially thought a solid white would be nice, but he worried about his mom getting it dirty.  So we looked to see if there was a good taupe or grey batik and found this one that has some blue and green in it and decided to go with it. I hope to get started on this quilt soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment