Week ending July 24, 2022

It was a busy week, and this coming week will also be busy. All my doctor appointments seem to be at the same time this month. Below are my fabrics that i chose to test the Mushroom Table Runner for Rop & Anchor Trading Co. These are prints from Anna Maria Horner.  


When I have a lot to do, I like to get everything prepped for the week. I had two items to make with the Elegance Collection by Corrine Wells for Riley Blake Fabrics, the Mushroom Table Runner,  and a scrappy Entropy Quilt- Pattern by Squats and Running Stitches. 


I recently tested the Soller Top and Dress for Itch to Stitch and my previous blog post talks all about it. 


Here's a look at one of my Elegance Collection makes.   Thus is the Nest Sweatshirt by Sew Liberated. 


I did a reverse hem with a Decorative stitch on my sewing machine. Also seen here is my extra hand. Lol My neighbor was having a garage sale and I couldn't resist buyingbthis wooden posing hand for artists. Because,  who can't use an extra hand now and then? 


My Mushroom Table Runner is coming along. I hoped to finish it this weekend,  but it's going to need a few more days. 


My plans for the scrappy Entropy Quilt changed. I had planned to sew a gender neutral version in tealish green colors. I was making it for a dear friend who just became a grandma. I had been secretly planning on making a baby quilt and she sent me a text earlier in the week letting me know her daughter delivered a beautiful baby girl. I decided to abandon my gender neutral fabrics and decided to do something more colorful and fun. I couldn't resist making a scrappy rainbow Entropy Quilt instead. I ended my week making a trip over to my friends house to surprise her. A mutual friend quilted it on her longarm over the weekend. I'll share some completely finished quilt photos soon. I just need to get them off my camera. 


My plans this week are to finish my Mushroom Table Runner and to catch up on some blog posts. Maybe I'll also bind the last quilt I got quilted. I have a few other quilts I want to work on, but I really need to finish some wips first. I decided to make a wall hanging fir Dia de Los Muertos this year and hope to draw it out soon so I can get it done before October gets here.  My next fabric delivery for Jaftex as a Studio e Fabrics ambassador will be arriving soon and I can't wait to see what I have to sew for August. 






2 comments:

  1. I am constantly amazed at how productive you are, and your excellent workmanship! I love the decorative stitch on you sweatshirt. If you are willing to share which sewing machine you used to achieve that stitch I'd be very interested.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have a Bernina 770 QE it has a bunch of decorative stitches.

      Delete