Week ending July 31, 2022

It's always a fun week when I'm pattern testing and a pattern I've tested is being released. This week I finished working on the Mushroom Table Runner from Rope & Anchor Trading Co. It's so cute! I was tempted to not  finish it as a table runner and just set it aside and make plans to continue making scrappy mushrooms until I had enough for a quilt. But, I  went ahead and finished it as a table runner, but have a different plan for  it. I'll  be sharing soon when I write up my blog post for the pattern launch.


I sat down this week and wrote a post on  I  never got around to writing my blog  post about my scrappy baby Entropy Quilt (Pattern by Squats and Running Stitches).  But I did load all the photos - here's a sneak - look at that yummy texture.  But I do have it posted on Minerva. I'll be showing the back off on my post here once I get around  to it. 


The Hurrication Quilt Pattern from Running Stitch Quilts released and I had that blog post written and posted as well. 


I finally made the binding for my Chantli Quilt (Pattern by Jess Poemape) and did the binding on it. I  posted about it on Minerva. I'm sending  this quilt to one of my new Aunts that I've never met. My father was adopted and after doing a DNA test on 23 and me, I found my father's birth mother and that he had half siblings late in 2019. It was exciting to find that I had a living grandmother, as the two that I grew up with had passed. Unfortunately COVID prevented me from meeting  my new Grandmother before she passed. I'm  waiting for the day when I can meet my new Aunts - I have 3! I plan to give each of them a quilt that I have  made. 


This is the binding I made for my Mushroom Table Runner. It matches the backing fabric.


I finally took some photos of my Sunshine Cabin Mini from  Kindred Quilt Co. It will be posted on Minerva  in a few days. 


I started a new pattern test. This is my fabric pull. I'm using two solids and two Anna Maria Horner prints. The Anna Maria Horner prints were gifts from Scott Fortunoff at Jaftex. He had sent me bolts and I am slowing using the fabric up. The pattern I'm testing is for TJ Wright Quilts.


Here are all my pieces cut out any ready to be sewn. 


I now have two mini quilts for my mini quilt rack. It looks so cute! I keep it on top of my sewing pattern filing cabinet, but might need to find a better location to show it  off. 



This week I plan to work away on my pattern test. I should have my August Studio e Fabrics Ambassador shipment from Jaftex arriving this week. I'm really excited to see what they send. I already know  that I'm making a By Annie pattern for a friendly Ambassador Fall Challenge. It will be my first time using a By Annie pattern and it's something that I really could use to stay organized. 

No comments:

Post a Comment