Black History Month Quilt Auction 2024

In honor of Black History Month starting on February 1st, I have made this quilt using African print fabrics and have it up for auction on eBay. You can find the listing HERE


The Ankara fabrics are a mix of wax prints, cotton, and cotton blends from House of Mami Wata. The solid black is from FreeSpirit Fabrics. 


The pattern I used is Underground by Villa Rosa Designs


I love how colorful these prints are. I took the photos at the Douglass Community mural in Plano. The mural is made of tile and is beautiful. 


I took the photos at the Douglass Community mural in Plano. The community was the original all Black community in Plano and named after Abolitionist Fedrick Douglass. 


The mural also depicts other prominent Black figures in Plano's history. 


I quilted the quilt on my longarm and used black thread. 


The backside is a cotton lawn. 


The print reminded me of some of the African prints. 


Bidding on this quilt will end on February 4th.   All proceeds will go to the NAACP legal defense and education fund. 

Follow me on Instagram and Facebook!


No comments:

Post a Comment