Week ending December 2023

I took a few weeks off from  posting because I didn't really have much to post. I had surgery on my left foot the week before Christmas and took some time to stay off my feet and  let them both heal. The right foot is still not 100% healed, but it's getting better every day. I was able to sit at my cutting table and sewing machine and work on items I had cut out before my surgery. One was this project for Jaftex. It's my January project and I was able to finish the top this week. 

I also managed to make a quilt coat. I used a Bog Coat pattern and it was super quick and easy. It was also a zero waste pattern. 

I sewed and cut  my  HSTs for my Black History Month Quilt Auction. 

I went to StitchHouse and helped make quilts  for Jonathan's Place. 

I also donated this quilt I made with the Spirit of the Wolf Collection from Studio e Fabrics to Jonathan's Place while I was at StitchHouse.


I trimmed all my HSTs  and now they just need to be pressed and have the "wings" clipped.


My last make of 2023 was this New Year Blessings Mini Quilt by The Weekend Quilter. It depicts the Chinese word Fu which means happiness, blessing and good fortune. 

This coming week, the beginning of the Gregorian calendar, I plan to finish my "New Year Blessings" wall hanging. I also hope to  get  started on  my  quilt for Black History Month. I also have a few other things I want to work on and need to plan out a few over the year. 



No comments:

Post a Comment