Week ending October 2, 2022

I had a busy week that included two meetups with sewing friends! On Monday I took off from work to hang out with Sharon (Sweet Mama Life). We sewed, got her a library card at my library,  ate lunch, sewed and she helped me with photos. I finished my Hurrication Quilt blocks and made my husband two pairs of joggers. 


I made two items with the Find Your Path Collection by Maureen Fiorellini for Studio e Fabrics and Sharon took photos for me. I'll be sharing more soon in a blog hop.  


I'm working away on a project for Studio e Fabrics and doing a block pattern test for Kelly Renay.  


The Utter Chaos Quilt Pattern block I'm testing for Kelly is so fun! I'm testing the charm pack option - it uses 5" squares. I think it's going to be a great scrap buster pattern. I am going to see if I can sneak in a whole quilt before she releases the pattern. 


I worked at getting some close up shots of the Spaced Out Collection by Chelsea Designworks for Studio e Fabrics. I'm sewing up this fun low volume collection this month and finding it so hard to photograph. Smaug tried to help me. 


Spoonflower sells solid cotton wovens and I bought 20 yards to try them out. They had the perfect Ochre color that matched my Sweatshirt knit that I am making joggers with. I needed a matching woven for the pocket facings and this one was perfect! 


Friday I met up with Sharon and Kelly (@Bananashowcase) to go to the Denton Workbench forca fabric swap. I took a screen shot ofca videio they posted and you can see us digging through the table of cottons. We swapped, walked down the road for dinner, then came back to swap some more. 

I found some great Fabrics and my knits all found new homes! I really hope they do this again. I had a blast. This is my haul. 


I spent Saturday tidying up in my sewing room and organizing my goodies from the swap. It wore Smaug out. 


I ended Sunday trimming my half square triangles for my Studio e Fabrics project. I'll share more soon. 


Below is a shot of some of my Hurrication Quilt blocks. I finished them Monday,  and took them out for a photo on Sunday so I could post it on Instagram for the Hurrication Quilt Along weekly contest entry. 


I hope to make progress on all my projects this coming week and I hope to post a blog about my Dia de Los Muertos project. 






No comments:

Post a Comment