Coral Shadow Quilt Pattern by Sew Beachy Quilts

I recently tested a quilt pattern for Sew Beachy Quilts. The pattern is the Coral Shadow Quilt Pattern. The pattern is beginner friendly and is a block based pattern. 


When I visited my mom a few months ago, she insisted that I take home some of the fabric she had been stashing for a long time. In her stash I found several yards of this colorful tropical print "Rainbow Jungle"  by Alexander Henry that was dated 2003. The print is large and I loved the colors and patterns of the tropical leaves. Since the Coral Shadow Quilt Patter includes large squares for a focal fabric, I decided to use the Rainbow Jungle fabric and then found complimentary solids and a batik for the rest of the fabric needed for the pattern. 


The Coral Shadow Quilt Patter uses strip piecing which makes the construction of the blocks go very quickly. The arrangement of the blocks creates a visually interesting pattern that makes the quilt look more complicated than it is. 


The Coral Shadow Quilt Pattern includes three sizes. I made the Throw sizes which finishes at 68" by 82".  The size could be adjusted slightly be leaving off the borders or even making the borders a different size. 


The Coral Shadow Quilt Patter is perfect for highlighting a large scale print. I think it would be fun to make a scrappy version of this quilt. 


Follow me on Instagram and Facebook!


No comments:

Post a Comment