Week ending August 6, 2023

This week I finished a quilt pattern test and got started on a quilt I'm making as a wedding gift. The wedding gift quilt is the Scrappy Lines Quilt by Side Lake Stitch. I've been working on it off and on for awhile. 


Smaug wanted to supervise the pressing of the snowball blocks for my pattern test for The Seasoned Homemaker. 


Here's that quilt test up on my design wall. This test had me very happy that I spent the time cutting down my scraps into usable squares as I was able to grab many of the squares needed from my precut scraps. 


I sewed a little bit together each evening. You can see my design wall is getting cleaner out. You can also spy a sneak peek of the pattern I'm working on.  It is one pattern, but has two different layouts. 


I finished the test and put my Scrappy Lines Quilt blocks up on the design wall.  I put them here just to organize their layout and to make sure I was happy with their randomness. 


I took a few minutes to fold newer quilts to store them in my quilt cabinet. I had to move most of my personal quilts to a cedar chest. These quilts, minus the one on the bottom, will hopefully find homes with a member of my extended family this Christmas. 


By the end of Sunday I had my rows completed for the Scrappy Lines Quilt. 


My new quilt robotics should be shipping to me this week. I can't wait! I have 3 quilt tops, plus this Scrappy Lines quilt waiting to be quilted.  


No comments:

Post a Comment