Little Roots Fabrics Round 2

Little Roots Fabrics now has their second preorder open and it's love.

They print in the US on a domestically produced cotton Lycra. This round is also printed using organic/plant based inks. The colors are crisp, vibrant, and stay strong even through a hot water wash and dry.

Leah - owner of Little Roots Fabrics - sent me a bunch of different prints to sew. It was amazing!

I love to do yoga - so I was really excited to get the Yoga Dancer Print and Panel. I immediately knew I wanted to make the Greenstyle Creations Jillian Tank. The Jillian Tank is actually 2 patterns in one - there is an inner and outer tank.

But first - have a little laugh with me. This is the inner tank for the Jillian made with the Yoga Pose Panel and some Supplex.


The Yoga Pose Panel woman kinda looks like she's holding my boobs up. I still love how my tank turned out - sometimes I could use a little lift. The panel graphic will be reduced for the preorder.

I really love the look of the back straps on the Jillian Tank. I was so glad I had this lavender supplex from Zenith & Quasar that was offered last year. It was the perfect match.


The Yoga Dancers Print was perfect for the outer tank of the Jillian.


I love the outer tank! It's nice and loose, and hides my belly flab. I was going to throw on some leggings to do photos - but I really like this with my jeans.


The bottom band helps to hold everything in and I really love the look. This can also be made with a woven and I think I may try to make a few for the summer.


The back is a racer back to mimic the style of the inner tank.


Leah also sent me some of the Gradient Dots. I wish I could afford to buy 5 yards of every color. I can see these being so versatile and the perfect coordinate for so many things!

I made the Women's Renni Dress from A Sparkly Baby with the Aqua Dots.


I love the retro vibe of the bots and in this maxi - it just feels perfect!


Leah also sent me some of the Purple Gradient Dots. I'll post what I make with them in a few days.

I also fell in Love with the Raining Cats & Dogs print. When I worked in a water quality lab, my favorite lab coat was made with a fabric that had a raining cats & dogs design on it. I loved it and wore it till it fell apart. So I was thrilled to get this print to make myself a top.


I made my favorite raglan pattern - The Duck Butt Designs Really Awesome Women's Raglan - known as RAWR.


I added a pocket to the front at the last minute - and love it!


Take a look at all the amazing prints offered by Little Roots Fabrics. Leah is awesome and is donating $2 of every yard and $1 form every panel of the Yoga Dancers and Not Strong for a Girl to a Women's Shelter. You can find more information about this in the Facebook Group.


No comments:

Post a Comment