#5oo4SewPinspired Contest!

 5 out of 4 Patterns is have a contest and sale. Read about the contest HERE! Originally, I wasn't  going to enter, but my friend Sharon (Sweet Mama Sharon) asked me if I was entering. I know Sharon would love to enter and win the Grand Prize Coverstitch, but she's currently pregnant and due in just 2 short months with baby #5! So I decided to enter for her. If I win, she gets the coverstitch. I told Sharon to find me some pins and I would make items to enter. I found a few myself, and have a few more I'll try to make before the contest ends.

There's also a SALE! If you are interested in these patterns, you can get them for 20% off with the code "sewpinspired" through November 17th!

I really needed a few solid colored tunis for fall. So I began by looking on Pinterest for tops made with the fabrics I had on hand. A search for grey sweater knit top. Got me the pinspiration on the left and my version on the right.


 I used the Weekender Tunic to recreate this look. I am likely to never wear it with the front tucked in, but Sharon told me I had to to match the pinspiration. I just happened to have a similar necklace as the pinspiration too. I will get a lot of wear out of this top this winter.


I used the Weekender Tunic again to recreate this navy blue top on the left with some thermal knit from my stash (my version on the right). I just love thermal knits for their cozy warmth.


I did make mine slightly different by giving it a high-low hem.


I then looked for pinspiration for an olive sweater knit in my stash and found the top on the left. My version on the right. Again, I used the Weekender Tunic to recreate the look.


I did a high-low hem to mimic the pinspiration. I'm not to sure about the pocket - so it's only tacked on. I may decide to ditch it.


Next up is this floral raglan inspiration on the left. My version made with super soft french terry from Sincerely Rylee on the right. I used the Nancy Raglan for recreating this look.


It's hard to see the curved hem on my top - but it's there! I also did the neck with a binding to look a bit more like the pinspiration.


I then used the Nancy Raglan to make a fun owl themed shirt. Of course the pinspiration happened to be a kids shirt, but I'm okay with that. I think mine is way cuter.


I've had the sleeve fabric for awhile. I got it from Pink Zeppelin fabrics and thought it was so cute and perfect for fall.


The owl is an HTV design I cut and weeded while on vacation. It happened to go great with the print. I really love how it pops on this turquoise cotton lycra.


My last two Pinspirations are made using the Ninja Pants pattern. This pattern is free with a code from the Facebook Group.  Distressed jeggings are very popular - so I had to recreate 2 pairs, a burgundy red (mine really are more burgundy in real life) and a blue denim pair.


I got both of these distresses knit from Milly Mae Fabrics.


So wish me luck that I win the coverstitch for my sweet friend Sharon.



No comments:

Post a Comment