Shwin Designs Carolina Tee and Hamburg Dolman

Made Whimsy began selling some beautiful heathered cotton lycra solids. Mandy is so sweet and sent me a remnant of each color when I ordered the heathered olive. I sewed them up right away and have been slowly adding them to my blog.

I bought the Shwin Designs Carolina Tee a long while back. I loved the unique look of the curved sides and hem. But my first attempt at this pattern was disastrous. But I did learn a lot from my first attempt - namely that i really had to take length out of the body so that the waist would hit me in the right spot. I cut into the heathered merlot from Made Whimsy and my Piccadilly Paisley Girls Red.


I took out length and graded out the pattern a bit for my shape. This one fits way better, but it's still not a great fit on me.  I'm thinking this just isn't the style of top of a middle aged woman with a poochy belly. But I'm still going to wear this - probably a lot - just because I love this fabric. I do think if I ever try this pattern again, I'll do a seam down the center back to do a sway back adjustment. I do think that would help the fit a lot.


I also decided to make one of my favorite Shwin Designs patterns - the Hamburg Dolman. For this one I cut into the heathered blue from Made Whimsy and a thin french terry from So Sew English


I love the Hamburg dolman and this one is so comfy and cozy.


I also decided to use this HTV design I cut using a file from Thread & Grain.


Be sure to check out Made Whimsy for cotton lycra solids and now beautiful heathered colors for amazing coordinates. 

No comments:

Post a Comment