Cuddle Muffins BeeLoved Flash Round Preorder

Cuddle Muffins has an awesome Flash Round at Preorder - BeeLoved. There are so many bee themed prints. See them all HERE! All prints are available on cotton lycra and bamboo lycra. The preorder closes on November 14th!

I was sent the My BeeLoved Stripe. It's gorgeous with stripes of some of the other prints in the collection. Can you see the two designs with a honeycomb pattern?


I was sent just a fat half of the My BeeLoved Stripe fabric. A fat half is 36 inches by 30 inches. So I had to get inventive. This stripe seemed perfect for a cardigan, so I decided to use it for the sleeves and do a bit of applique.


I used the Everything Your Momma Made Four Seasons Cardigan as my base pattern. First I cut the back and front from a lightweight french terry I picked up at Golden D'or for $1/yard during an inventory sale. I then cut out the sleeves from the My BeeLoved Stripe. I decided to applique the upper back. Since this is a Bee themed round and the My BeeLoved Stripe contained some honeycomb designs, I decided to put a hexagon on the back. I found a hexagon pattern and printed it out so that it covered most of the upper back.


I carried the hexagon shape to the front of the cardigan as well. I cut my front pieces about 5 inches narrower than the pattern call for. This was because I decided to keep my fabric use to only the length of the pieces. So after the back was cut, I then cut both fronts from the remaining fabric next to the back. I then cut two hexagons from the My BeeLoved Stripe to fit around the front armscye. With the lay of the collar, it's hard to see the shape of the My BeeLoved Stripe applique on the front.


I sewed the edge of my appliques down using a leaf pattern stitch on my sewing machine with a pink thread that matched the pink in the My BeeLoved Stripe. I finished the cardigan by topstitching only the back neckline and adding cuffs to the sleeves. I left the edges of the french terry raw.


I love how my Four Seasons Cardigan came out! I can see me wearing this a lot all year round.


Bee sure to check out all the beautiful prints in the Flash Round. They are not to Bee missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment