Itch to Stitch Beausoleil Top & Dress

Kennis Wong of Itch to Stitch makes amazing patterns that are always on trend, have fantastic instructions, and are perfectly drafted. The Beausoleil top & dress features the very trendy "cold shoulder" feature that's very popular now but in a stylish woven top or dress.

The Beausoleil Top & Dress is on sale for $9.60.

I chose to make the top and absolutely love it! This is going to be a great top to wear this summer that can be dressed up with slacks or a skirt, or made casual with jeans or capri pants.

I made two versions of the Beausoleil. My first one I made with some vintage cotton woven that I've had in my stash for several years. I actually got this fabric from my Grandmother one day.


It's a Schwartz Liebman Textile - and I just love the colors. Green is my favorite color! A little scientific fact for you - the human eye can see more shades or variations of green than any other color. After green, blue has the most.


My second version is made in a Joel Dewberry Freespirit Cotton Voile.


I'm a sucker for paisley prints and this one is so unique and has fun colors.


I feel so summery in this version. I love it with the white pants.


I made a few adjustments to the pattern to fit me. I removed 1" from the bodice length (I am only 5' after all) and I did a swayback adjustment so the top would lay nice and flat on my back.

I always learn a new trick from Kennis with each pattern I test for her. This time, I learned how to hand crochet thread and make a bra strap holder. I'm hoping to get a video of me doing the hand crocheting soon - it's so much easier than it sounds.

Be sure to check out the Itch to Stitch blog to see the versions the other testers made.

No comments:

Post a Comment