Midnight Rendezvous Harmony Quilt

I received the Midnight Rendezvous Collection by Raquel Maciel for Blank Quilting for my September sew for Jaftex. I feel in love with this collection immediately and envisioned not one, but two quilts.


This quilt is my darkness quilt and was inspired by the darkness of the night sky. I used the Harmony Quilt pattern by Villa Rosa Designs for this quilt. I picked this pattern because it had squares that matched the size of the panels from this collection. 


I selected all the dark purple prints from the collection for this quilt. To balance all the dark prints, I added in some solids from my scrap bin for a punch of color. 



I used the panels for half of the large squares in the quilt and I used the large scale dark purple print with the moon and flowers for the rest of the large squares. I think this shows off the beautiful panels and the large scale print perfectly.



The remaining dark purple prints were cut into rectangles. I also used the border pieces from the panel piece for the rectangles. 



My solid scraps were all cut into squares and I tried to mix them up so that they were evenly distributed across the quilt.




I quilted the quilt on my longarm using a fast feathers pantograph. The backing is a solid pink 60" wide fabric I picked up at the thrift store. 


I really love both quilts that I made with this collection. This was one of my favorite collections to sew for Jaftex.

Follow me on Instagram and Facebook!


No comments:

Post a Comment