Week ending November 26, 2023

I  took some time off this week and  while I took it fairly easy, I did get a few things done  in  my sewing room. I also  got in some sewing related  mail. I got in this amazing assortment of fabric from the Quilty Wishes event. I had 3 wishes - fabric to make quilts to auction off for Black History Month, Earth Day, and Hispanic Heritage Month. I will need to get to work soon on my quilt (hopefully quilts) for Black History Month which is in February.


When I can't sew, I tend to browse online shops. I purchased these items from Gotham  Quilts as they had a great sale as they close their physical store. I might have placed a second order when they made final markdowns right after I got this package. 


We put up our Christmas tree and that meant the Christmas quilt was hung as well. The quilt is New Mercy by Fieldstone Fabrics


I  pressed all my pieces and trimmed the wings off my HSTs for a Karnak Quilt (Pattern by Tessellate Textiles)


I managed to put a few blocks up on the design wall to figure out which way I wanted them to go. 


I received a second Quilty Wish - this time a gorgeous Alexander Henry Dia de Los Muertos print. 


I cut out my Victoria Blouse pattern and hope to make this soon.


Here's a sneak peek of my project for FreeSpirit Fabrics. I was sent the Rising Jungle Collection by Catalina Estrada. It is a beautiful collection and I have made the Victory Block Quilt (Pattern by Victoria Findlay Wolfe). I was able to get it on my longarm and quilt it this week. 


I also  put binding on three quilts that had been finished for awhile. No photos of them at the moment. I am hoping to make the  Victoria Blouse this week and continue working on my Karnak Quilt. I actually have 2 Karnak quilts to make. I misread the directions and cut out twice as many pieces as I needed. So I decided to add in another color to one of them to make it a little different. 

No comments:

Post a Comment