The Lady by Villa Rosa Designs

I received the Midnight Rendezvous Collection by Raquel Maciel for Blank Quilting for my September sew for Jaftex. I feel in love with this collection immediately and envisioned not one, but two quilts.


The collection could be divided in a lightness and a darkness. I felt that they needed to be two different quilts. The light prints made me think of the full moon and its bright glow. I added a few solid colors from my scrap bin in shades of green and a greyish blue to make the Villa Rosa Designs The Lady Quilt.


This quilt pattern was quick and easy to make. I think it shows off the prints in this collection beautifully. The background is the Ivory print and it features gold crescent moons and stars.


I also used the Ivory moths, light purple crescent moons and flowers, light purple full moons with flowers, and the green leaves prints from the collection.


The colors of these prints were all very light and subdued. 


I tried my best to mix up the prints and solids so that I didn't have the same prints touching. I quilted the quilt on my longarm, and used a moon flower pantograph.


For the backing, I used a flat sheet I had in my stash that matched the light purple prints. I love how this quilt turned out.

Follow me on Instagram and Facebook!


No comments:

Post a Comment