Minerva Toweling



The Minerva Core Range Luxury Cotton Toweling is simply amazing! I made hand towels for the kitchen last year with the grey color and my whole family loves these towels. I decided it was time to make new hand towels for the master bathroom and the guest suite. The Minerva Core Range Luxury Toweling was a must. Picking a color was extremely difficult and I finally decided on the Flax color since it felt very neutral. 


This toweling is nice and thick and super absorbent. It is nicer than any store bought towel I own. I really love making my own hand towels as I can make them any size I want. While you could finish the edged by simply folding the edge under twice and stitching down, I prefer finishing my towel edges with a cotton binding. I find this holds up better and longer, plus - it gives me a chance to add a little bit of flair to my towels. 


Both my master bathroom and the guest suite  have free standing towel holders on the counter by the sink. I have had a difficult time finding towels that are just the right size for these holders. I measured the distance between the ring of the towel stand and the counter and set that as the maximum height of my towels. Since I had previously made towels for these stands, I used the current towels for a guide for the width. Toweling shrinks after being washed the first time and I did not prewash my toweling. I wanted to cut my new towels slightly larger so they would shrink to fit. 


My master bath is mostly a cream colored marble with teak wood accents. I decided to use cotton binding that had shades of blue-green for a pop of color. My guest suite is mostly a black marble, with some natural travertine and a teak wood wall. I used some cotton binding that was mostly black for these towels. These towels will last me many years.


Follow me on Instagram and Facebook!


No comments:

Post a Comment