George & Ginger Slash Tunic

I love George & Ginger Patterns. The styles are always trendy and the fit is great. Kristi has changed her focus on women's patterns and has increased the size range using a new sizing chart. All new patterns will go up to a size 5X and now start with a size 12 tween. The Slash Tunic is the first pattern that utilizes the new sizing. For me, this meant I now fit completely into a size 12 on her size chart - no need for me to grade for my waist or hips.

The Slash tunic is amazing! I love wearing tunics with leggings - especially in the fall. It makes me feel put together, when in reality it's something I can just throw on and feel comfortable. The Slash Tunic has some unique features - princess seams and slits that can be as daring or modest as you want.


The princess seams create a flattering silhouette, while the slits allow a little peek of leg with movement. The Slash Tunic comes in 3 lengths: tunic, mid, and long. It also has multiple sleeves lengths.  I'm wearing the Mid Length with long sleeves. I made this with Black & Blush Liverpool from Made Whimsy. It's a steal at $7/yard!


The Slash Tunic is flared enough through the hips that even with my curvy hips, the sides of the tunic lay flat and the slit is hardly visible when standing. My leggings are some I made with black supplex from Zenith & Quasar. Supplex is my favorite fabric for leggings - it's more durable, doesn't pill, doesn't fade, and slightly compressive and holds in all the jiggly bits.


I loved the Slash Tunic so much, that I made another one right after the first. I did the tunic length with 3/4 length sleeves. The fabric is also from Made Whimsy. The rose gray Dragon Scales are currently at preorder through November 1st. I am wearing this one with a pair of skinny jeans.


No comments:

Post a Comment