Love Notions Tidal Top & Dress

I bought the Tidal Top & Dress shortly after it was released. I love patterns from Love Notions and this one looked like it would be a great flowy top for me. However, the first one I made was terrible! I went with my bust measurement and figured there was enough ease for my hips. I was so wrong. Tami, the designer, did a sew-along which included a pattern piece for a godet and 3/4 length and long sleeves. Find the Love Notions Blog Post HERE. That really helped the fit of my original top, but I was still determined to get a perfect fit. I don't think I ever took photos of that top.

I recently reprinted my pattern and decided that I needed to grade out for my hips. And Ta-da! It fits great!


I made this one using a heathered dark olive cotton lycra from Made Whimsy and I got this gorgeous red rose floral from a mystery scrap pack from Wanderlust Designs Custom Fabric.


When I was on vacation, I took about 40 HTV designs with me to "weed". I picked a bunch of intricate designs and have been slowly finding uses for them. I had a red paisley/floral and thought it fit perfectly on the side.


I loved how great my Tidal came out, that I immediately made another.


This one is made with a thread spool cotton lycra from Cuddle Muffins Custom Printing. This print is at preorder through October 31st!. I used a rayon jersey for the back in a tan color.


If you haven't tried the Tidal Top & Dress yet, I do recommend it. Just make sure to make the pattern for ALL of your measurements.

No comments:

Post a Comment