The Fabric Geeks Princess and the Wookie

The Fabric Geeks are at it again with a fun geeky round  "Princess and the Wookie". The Fabric Geeks are located in Canada, but have reasonable shipping to the US and offer billing in US dollars on their website. The Preorder is open through October 13th. Order at  http://thefabricgeeks.com/preorder/

I normally don't offer to make my son many things with the fabric samples I get. I am personally not a fan of Star Wars and have never watched it. My son happen to come into my room one evening while I was on the computer viewing the latest fabric samples available from The Fabric Geeks. He saw my screen and asked me if I was looking at fabric. I told him I was asnd asked him if he saw something he liked. He said he wanted a Wookie shirt.

So - He got one. But my son prefers that I not show his face when I post photos on social media, so I had to do a little editing in photoshop.


The Adult panel was perfect for this Men's size 48" chest t-shirt. This is the Everything Your Mama Made Parker's Vintage Tee.

I also had some scraps leftover and was able to make him some Wookie Fur underwear.


The image on the Adult panel just barely fit onto the shirt pattern without a significant portion being cut off. This was a men's 48" chest pattern and a smaller size may lose some of the strap detail when cut.


In addition to the panel, I had a fat half of the Wookie Fur. The Wookie Fur is just that - the fur print. I can see this being able to be used in so many ways. You could use it to make an outfit to look like any brown furry animal - bear, dog, etc. I used the majority of the Wookie Fur for the color blocked sleeves.


The adult panel is great with the sash details. This made for a super easy costume like shirt for my son to wear to Comic-con or for Halloween parties. But he's been wearing it as a pajama shirt lately.


This preorder closes on October 13th. Don't miss it!

No comments:

Post a Comment